24/7 MOMS

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Everyone panic: peanut butter prices set to rise!

Photo credit Stock Exchange


OK, please DON’T panic.

It’s bad for your health and to paraphrase someone very wise, worrying won’t add or even buy you an extra hour anyhow.

So here’s the scoop: peanut prices are on the rise due to a really dismal peanut growing season. Kraft will increase the price of its peanut butter by 40% starting October 31st. Scary coincidental, right?

So what can you do about it?  Read my friend Angela from The Coupon Project  tips on  how to deal with the soon to be high costs of Peanut Butter.  This could be a tragedy to our PB&J loving kids.

Click here to read Angela's article now.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol Pyles said...

If you live somewhere there is a Publix. jars of Skippy are BOGO this week :) and with some creative couponing makes them .70 a jar. I'm totally stocking up so this will not affect my family lol.

October 20, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I panicked because I eat lors of PB plus I use a TON in my holiday baking. But, luckily, my store had a big sale a couple of weeks ago and I bought 5 jars. I hope it will get me through!!

October 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Jessa said...

Heard about this, prices are already crazy where I am at so thinking we will be finding other forms of proteins, nutella, egg sandwich, lunch meat, salmon mixed up like tuna etc.

October 20, 2011 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I plan to panic...and to make everyone around me panic. PB is already so expensive...ugh!

October 22, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home